Welcome to the Volunteer Home Page!
Our organization was and still managed by volunteers including our Board Members. What to do next:
- GAIN ACCESS: Our application process has to be controlled due to nonprofit rules and regulations CLICK HERE to gain instant access.
- APPLICATION: After you have gained access to our application, you can now APPLY.
ANNUAL VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION EVENT
We would like to honor each and every one of you as well as let you know how you can get more involved. Sign up for our HSD Newsletter for future announcements on next year’s event.
DESCRIPTION OF COMMON POSITIONS
We are seeking Volunteers who share our mission and will act in a professional and courtesy manner at all times.
- Registration (Guide) – Under the guidance of the Registration Manager, Volunteers will welcome attendees; ask what type of service they are needing and guide them to the appropriate location; communicate with attendees any issues that may arise; line control; assist with online registration; answer any possible registration questions according to the HSD policies. This position is best for those that enjoy helping others; and those that can handle large crowds. Must be able to attend 1-2 nights of training prior to event.
- Registration (Desk) – Under the guidance of the Registration Manager, Volunteers will welcome attendees; lookup attendees in an online database system from EventBrite; check IDs to ensure it matches ticket; check attendee in; issue wristband by placing on left wrist only; answer any possible registration questions according to the HSD policies. This position is best suited for individuals who enjoy helping others, working with a team and can handle a fast-paced environment during peak hours (Thurs and Fri nights). Must be able to attend 1-2 nights of training prior to event.
- Security (Level 1) -Under the guidance of the Security Manager, the sole responsibility of this level of security is to block entrances/exits, check wristbands as secondary, guide attendees when needed and report any instances to the Security Manager.
- Security (Level 2) – Under the guidance of the Security Manager, these Volunteers act as the first line of security checking wristbands, bags and making sure no outside food/drinks are not brought into the event area; with the support of badged HPD officers, enforce the policies of the event and the hotel: clear ballrooms and floors when directed by the Security Manager.
- Facilities – Under the guidance of the Facility Manager, assist in laying down dance floors, setting up stage, lighting, etc… This position is NOT suited for those who suffer from injuries and best suited for those who enjoy a physical challenge and who like to use their hands.
- Ballroom – Under the guidance of the Volunteer Committee Head, Volunteers will greet attendees in a professional and friendly manner; act as guides for the event; check wristbands for VIP area and direct VIP attendees to their seats.